Chill factor
I had always heard people talking of the "wind-chill" factor in the colder foreign countries.
This may soon get started to apply to cosy, temperate place like Pune if the current drop-down trend continues.
The degrees have been dropping since last 5 days and yesterday's minimum was 4.7. Even the mid-day sun has a luke-warm effect and is failing to induce any heat and cheer up things. The wind is awfully chilly and the roads get deserted by 9pm.
As a school-student I always used to wonder why most poems/lessons by foreign authors had at least one mention of the line "Bright sunny day" in them. Now as I yearn for the warmth of the sunny day I realise that there is nothing more depressing than an early sunset on a cold-windy day.
Some are blaming it on the cold winds from north and some attribute it to the overall-weather-change triggered by the Tsunami. But only the intensity of the upcoming summer will tell if "Extreme" was the theme of the past year's season cycle. I think, till then, the weather will continue to give our pleas a cold-shoulder.
This may soon get started to apply to cosy, temperate place like Pune if the current drop-down trend continues.
The degrees have been dropping since last 5 days and yesterday's minimum was 4.7. Even the mid-day sun has a luke-warm effect and is failing to induce any heat and cheer up things. The wind is awfully chilly and the roads get deserted by 9pm.
As a school-student I always used to wonder why most poems/lessons by foreign authors had at least one mention of the line "Bright sunny day" in them. Now as I yearn for the warmth of the sunny day I realise that there is nothing more depressing than an early sunset on a cold-windy day.
Some are blaming it on the cold winds from north and some attribute it to the overall-weather-change triggered by the Tsunami. But only the intensity of the upcoming summer will tell if "Extreme" was the theme of the past year's season cycle. I think, till then, the weather will continue to give our pleas a cold-shoulder.


1 Comments:
At 8:58 PM ,
Sheetal Kamat said...
hoping that it doesn't snow ;-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home