Maal-e-Mall
Malling could might as well be listed as a popular activity these days.
To Mall(v): To go on a shopping spree at a plush plaza till you drop and
optionally feast on the variety of junk food in a Food Court.
It is also heard that some people consider malls a regular weekend haunt and some shop there to get over depression and things like that.
Nevertheless, within 365 days-4 cities-6 malls, I found myself engulfed in the same mal(l)-fever, however not by choice but by chance.
The first one was the "NewPark Mall" in Newark with my office colleagues last year, same time.
Hemz, Dhanashri, I and Tanzeem had a wonderful time from 9am to 7pm after which we felt that our legs were no more ours. Being my first visit, I was considerably awed by the grandeur and shimmer of the well planned mall.
The next one was Gilroys, and from what Hemz and Dhanashri told us we had managed to scour just 1/4th of its expanse in a day. Saturated as we were; Tanzeem and I vowed to give up shopping for a month at least. Of course, both the visits were rightly completed by the numerous detours to Pizza Huts, Subways and Juice Bars.
The next two were down south in Bangalore, immediately in June. The first one was "Forum" with Amruta, Ranga, Anuja and I. The next one was "Bangalore Central" with Sheetal and Seema. Not to forget the yummy ice-creams and chaats we gorged on.
Finally the last two in Amchi Mumbai and Amche Pune - Center One and Pune Central.
Shraddha, Akhilesh, Sayali and I had memorable experience at Center-One , Washi. There was this sleek place with an inviting name : "Noodle Bar". In we went with smiling faces and out we came watery-eyed after having a "zhatka" of the spicy Oriental broth.
Last month it was the latest Pune Central and after that I completely agree with the "law of diminishing returns".
Also, I realized that I did not shop anywhere except the first two ! Blame it on my stinginess or the prejudiced aversion to "Branded" Items.
To end it, a mall may/not have any shopping value, but it definitely has a "food-value" to it.
To Mall(v): To go on a shopping spree at a plush plaza till you drop and
optionally feast on the variety of junk food in a Food Court.
It is also heard that some people consider malls a regular weekend haunt and some shop there to get over depression and things like that.
Nevertheless, within 365 days-4 cities-6 malls, I found myself engulfed in the same mal(l)-fever, however not by choice but by chance.
The first one was the "NewPark Mall" in Newark with my office colleagues last year, same time.
Hemz, Dhanashri, I and Tanzeem had a wonderful time from 9am to 7pm after which we felt that our legs were no more ours. Being my first visit, I was considerably awed by the grandeur and shimmer of the well planned mall.
The next one was Gilroys, and from what Hemz and Dhanashri told us we had managed to scour just 1/4th of its expanse in a day. Saturated as we were; Tanzeem and I vowed to give up shopping for a month at least. Of course, both the visits were rightly completed by the numerous detours to Pizza Huts, Subways and Juice Bars.
The next two were down south in Bangalore, immediately in June. The first one was "Forum" with Amruta, Ranga, Anuja and I. The next one was "Bangalore Central" with Sheetal and Seema. Not to forget the yummy ice-creams and chaats we gorged on.
Finally the last two in Amchi Mumbai and Amche Pune - Center One and Pune Central.
Shraddha, Akhilesh, Sayali and I had memorable experience at Center-One , Washi. There was this sleek place with an inviting name : "Noodle Bar". In we went with smiling faces and out we came watery-eyed after having a "zhatka" of the spicy Oriental broth.
Last month it was the latest Pune Central and after that I completely agree with the "law of diminishing returns".
Also, I realized that I did not shop anywhere except the first two ! Blame it on my stinginess or the prejudiced aversion to "Branded" Items.
To end it, a mall may/not have any shopping value, but it definitely has a "food-value" to it.


2 Comments:
At 9:16 PM ,
Sheetal Kamat said...
Guess what bangalore has one more addition.. Garuda mall.. 11 floors :) And considering number of people entering in bangalore... number of people fascinated by "malls", and the state of forum(always crowded.. no place to even walk.. or stand on the elevator) its going to be tough...
when i came in bangalore.. people use to tell "MG and brigade roads" are the happening and crowded places in bangalore.. but now i think people go to forum first and then to MG/Brigade.. :) no doubt mall stuff is addictive.. u can roam around there anytime.. anywhere.. window shopping.. real shopping.. variety of food cuisines.. everything makes it place for everyone.... and with theators as well in a mall... it has given mall a new dimention for crowd.. now people can get everything and anything under one roof.. and in such a fast life.. who has time for going to different places and selecting the best... when u have malls, easing your needs... i guess there would be many more malls in next few years...
At 3:13 AM ,
arati said...
sheetal, read your post abt the Garuda Mall too.. and incidentally posted on the same day .,. he he..
With 11 floors its sure gonna leave the others way behind
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home